Please note that I am using abbreviations for names in this post.
I had an amazing experience in Milwaukee. I went out there to work with the OUTLOOK network of schools: they needed me to help spearhead an animation project they are doing out there.
What I found was that the CEO of Outlook, who is a project-based veteran, has been building a new framework to help with the process of PROJECT MANAGEMENT and RESEARCH/LITERACY skills.....the EXACT SAME THING that I have been working on for NMTCS and Boys Ltn.
Specifically, WK, the CEO, has developed a proceess called M.A.K.E. , which is a highly structured, standards compliant, detailed project development protocol which has the power to fill in a lot of the gaps in our current project development packet.
M.A.K.E. does not replace the packet, rather it provides structure to the actual research and development process. Year after year I have witnessed advisors give their children outlines, project planning packets, and the internet and say 'DO YOUR PROJECTS'. The children who can write and who can research do fairly well, but most children fall through the cracks without something like M.A.K.E. in place.
I want to talk to Dr. I.W. and Mothura K.A. to discuss this.... and also since I have already been given the ase through my job description to implement structures like this, I think I will begin to work this process into the project management system already in place that I'm building.
I have to check with W.K. of Outlook in Milwaukee about copyright and protection of the M.A.K.E. system before we start using it publicly.
I also would like for us to look into the prospect of building it into our online project management system.....not sure how that would look in terms of details but I'm capable of building it. Or we could outsource it. I would like to meet with W.K. to nail down exactly what the online version would look like.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment